Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Comments on Division of binary numbers logic circuit

Parent

Division of binary numbers logic circuit

+1
−0

If we want to divide two numbers I have problem implementing this logic.I am posting 1 images with 2 different steps to the solution.

In example a) the most significant digits of the divident >= divisor we subtract the divisor from those 2 digits.

hello

In b)the most significant digits of the divident<divisor so we move down the next digit of the divident(which happens to be the last) and we put a 0 in the quotient and do the subtraction.

I dont understand how to make a logic circuit which does that job:check if the divisors is greater and equal or less than the most left digits of the divident and depending on the results does a different function

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

0 comment threads

−0

You're thinking of a digital comparator, "a hardware electronic device that takes two numbers as input in binary form and determines whether one number is greater than, less than or equal to the other number."

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.

1 comment thread

I know that.Is there a way to use the comparator(s) as 'effeciently' as possible(no loops,storage of... (3 comments)
I know that.Is there a way to use the comparator(s) as 'effeciently' as possible(no loops,storage of...
MissMulan‭ wrote over 2 years ago

I know that.Is there a way to use the comparator(s) as 'effeciently' as possible(no loops,storage of value ) and make a simple logic digital circuit?

Elliot Alderson‭ wrote over 2 years ago

If you know how to perform a desired operation with a loop and storage, you just need to unroll the loop. Instead of having multiple iterations of the loop you will have multiple instantiations of the hardware. You can also eliminate the registers for intermediate values if you can guarantee that the inputs will remain stable long enough for the final result to be calculates. Most people would say this is the opposite of "as efficiently as possible", but it's up to you.

JRN‭ wrote over 2 years ago

It is not clear to me what you do know and what you don't know. You should edit your post to reflect these. Do you know how to make a sequential circuit? For example, do you know what a state diagram is and what a finite state machine is?