Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Meta

Comments on Creating an "Insights" category

Creating an "Insights" category

+0
−1

Looking at the "papers" category, I found that several papers do not fit the very purpose of this category (that's the reason I've not upvoted them). Nevertheless, they are relatively well written, well thought out, and probably interesting for new comers in electronics. I think for example most of the papers of Circuit fantasist deserve more upvotes, but this does not happen because they are not really relevant to the "paper" category, according to the expectations there (in my opinion).

What is lacking is an "Insights" category, whose characteristics could be discussed here. This category could include interesting views of well known topics, experiments that demonstrate (in an original manner) some known facts, good student tricks, pedagogy insights etc.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

2 comment threads

Resources? (3 comments)
Seems like Papers but lower the bar? (2 comments)
Resources?
Monica Cellio‭ wrote about 2 years ago

Is the distinction between "papers" (implying research, along the lines of what one might submit to a journal or conference) and general-purpose resources/articles/teaching? Another community uses "resources" as the category name for the latter, in case that helps. I don't know how clear "insights" would be to somebody just browsing names looking for things to read.

coquelicot‭ wrote about 2 years ago · edited about 2 years ago

Hello Monica. Your suggestion is interesting, and I have personally no objection to call this category resources in place of insights (I should even add that I like this suggestion). This would indeed allow even broader articles to be added. Anyway, I think that's only a cosmetic detail, not the main point. Please, see my answer to Lundin in the thread below.

Monica Cellio‭ wrote about 2 years ago

Thanks coquelicot‭. I'm not a domain expert, nor even qualified to participate in the main areas of this community; I monitor all the community metas to see if there are places where I can help with information, but I'm not trying to argue for a particular outcome here. I agree that the name is less important than the scope of each category; I asked about the name to see if I understood the scope distinction you're making. Thanks.