"snake oil" exact phrase
votes:4 posts with 4+ votes
created:<1w created < 1 week ago
post_type:xxxx type of post
Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Comments on What Sine-Wave Oscillator can be controlled with a microcontroller?

What Sine-Wave Oscillator can be controlled with a microcontroller?

+1
−4

I need a Sine Wave Oscillator circuit that can allow me to control its frequency with a microcontroller. Until now all the topologies that I have found if the frequency is changed, a change in the circuit component is mandatory here is some topologies: :
Courtesy of TEXAS INSTRUMENTS

For now am going to be using Arduino as a microcontroller, some forums suggest the use of AD9850 module but I couldn't find it :( .

The frequency range that I am aiming is from 10 Hz to 10 MHz pure stable sinusoidal wave. And the amplitude of 10 Vpp ,1 mA , -28 dBc (if my calculation is correct), the two ways that i can think of to control the circuit is with the help of a digital potentiometer or a DAC of 8 bit or 12 bit.

Edite:
So i have found this circuit which is based on Varactor a VCO;

My question is why we need a DC isn't the AC enough?

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

3 comment threads

Can't find AD9850 <-- you didn't look very far then!! (1 comment)
Quote: "Until now all the topologies that I have found if the frequency is changed, a change in the c... (3 comments)
Specs? (2 comments)
Quote: "Until now all the topologies that I have found if the frequency is changed, a change in the c...
LvW‭ wrote about 1 year ago

Quote: "Until now all the topologies that I have found if the frequency is changed, a change in the circuit component is mandatory here is some topologies: : Courtesy of TEXAS INSTRUMENTS".

How do you want to tune the frequency if not by "changing" one or more circuit element(s)? More than that, the Texas paper contains two basic principles only (Wien oscillator and the phaseshift-principle). But there are many other oscillator topologies.

deleted user wrote about 1 year ago

"How do you want to tune the frequency if not by "changing" one or more circuit element(s)?". So every time i want to tune the frequency i need to do math and desolder one or more circuit element(s)?

Jasen‭ wrote about 1 year ago

there are circuit elements that can have their properties altered electronically, eg: varicap diodes, saturable inductors etc...