How building a follower satisfying rather extreme requirements.
What is your best suggestion for building a follower that would ideally satisfy the following spec:
- frequency: from 100 Hz (or lower) to 1 GHz
- input signal impedance: 1 Mohm
- input signal amplitude: from 1 mV to 1V at least
- output load to be driven: 50 Ohm.
- The follower need not be absolutely flat (gain = 1), but actually, it is allowed to reduce the signal by a factor of 0.5.
- some signal distortion allowed.
- also, a small DC offset voltage of few mV can be allowed, as I am interested in the AC component of the signal.
If that is not possible, please give me the suggestion that best approaches these specs. Also, I would be happy if the part names or part numbers are indicated.
EDIT: as pinpointed by Olin Lathrop, the 1 GHz requirement is fundamentally incompatible with the 1 M Ohm input impedance requirement. So, there is no point to go further for the moment.