Search help
Notifications
Mark all as read See all your notifications »
Q&A

Comments on Resistance of digital ampmeter

Resistance of digital ampmeter

+2
−0

Can we find the internal resistance of a multimeter ,when we use the multimeter like a ampmeter, from its datasheet?

I am trying to find the internal resistance of IDM 505 and I went to the datasheet to the current section and the most relevant thing I could find was the accuracy but as far as I know we cannot translate the accuracy to the internal resistance when used as a ampmeter.Any help?

I am asking because I didn't go to university today and we had lab hours. In the laboratory we use a Protek IDM 505 and I didn't measure some circuits which are for homework so I am searching it online to see if I can find anything.

History
Why does this post require moderator attention?
You might want to add some details to your flag.
Why should this post be closed?

1 comment thread

What actual problem are you trying to solve? (4 comments)
What actual problem are you trying to solve?
Canina‭ wrote over 2 years ago

I suspect that your actual problem isn't that you truly only want to know the internal resistance of the ammeter in question, but rather something else, and that you believe that knowing the internal resistance will tell you something about what you are actually trying to determine.

So what problem are you seeking to solve by asking this question?

MissMulan‭ wrote over 2 years ago

I didnt go to university today and we had lab hours.In the laboratory we use a Protek IDM 505 and I didnt measure some circuits which are for homework so I am searching it online to see if I can find anything.

Elliot Alderson‭ wrote over 2 years ago

It sounds like you are saying that you didn't finish an assigned laboratory exercise, so you are looking for the appropriate values you can use to "fake it". If that's not the case and you really want to know then you need to find a proper datasheet for the meter.

Lundin‭ wrote over 2 years ago

Most of the resistance will be in the actual wires and probes, especially so for cheap instruments that come with low quality probes.